An eco-friendly guesthouse with indulgent touches…
* 100% GREEN ENERGY for our electricity, heating and hot water.
* GENUINE BENEFITS to the LOCAL AREA.
- 36 solar panels over our car park, providing 100% of our daytime energy and welcome shade for the cars!
- Six solar panels providing 100% of our hot water (May to September).
- Biomass boiler providing 100% of our hot water (October to April) and under-floor heating (winter), fired by burning olive pips/pellets created from the recycled waste at our local cooperative olive mill.
- Local artisans used in all aspects of the building work including: hand-forged wrought-iron balconies and rejas (traditional Andalucian window guards); hand-made Nazari-style ceramic tiles in all bathrooms; hand-crafted woodwork throughout the house and traditional, cobbled-stone floors re-laid by hand in the hall and exteriors.
- Produce our Extra Virgin Olive Oil at our local olive cooperative mill in El Cañuelo.
- All staff employed from our local village, Zamoranos.
- Ingredients sourced fresh and in season from local suppliers within a 15 mile radius.
- Extensive recycling throughout the business with 100% of all plastic, paper/board, tetra-pack, cans & glass recycled, saving over 5 tonnes of compacted waste annually from going to landfill – equivalent to the volume of 3 Ford Transit vans!
- Ongoing campaign to help protect the area and clean up fly-tipping locally.