Jaen, only 45 minutes’ drive from Casa Olea...
- Visit Jaen’s cathedral, Arabic baths and local museums, then enjoy the views from the hill-top Santa Catalina castle.
- Continue on to neighbouring Ubeda and Baeza, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites packed full of stunning Renaissance palaces, chapels and plazas.
- Visit Alcala La Real and its impressive Fortaleza la Mota castle; or sample artesanal wines at a local bodega - wines from Alcala were a favourite of the Catholic Kings in Granada and protected by royal decree in the 1500’s!
- If you’re flying from the UK, France, Holland, Germany or Italy, check out flights to Granada/Jaen airport with low-cost airlines. It’s a nice little airport, only 1 hour from Casa Olea.
- Read more about the best places to visit in Ubeda & Baeza (Jaen).