Football or Flamenco in June…?
The World Cup kicks off in Brazil (12 Jun–13 Jul) with Spain one of the favourites to recapture their title, but if you’re keen to escape a summer football overdose, then why not head to Andalucia for an extra dreamy Mid-Summer weekend away…
* FLAMENCO FIESTA - 20 to 22 June 2014
Celebrate the Summer solstice (21 June) at a unique flamenco event in the steamy streets of Cordoba, the Noche Blanca de Flamenco, a 24-hour flamenco extravaganza with free flamenco music, dance, art and theatre filling the city’s streets and plazas, including the courtyard of the Mezquita (below).
Casa Olea will be laying on transport to/from Cordoba that night, so our guests can go and enjoy the party without having to worry about parking, drinking & driving late etc. Plus, the night before (20 June), we will be offering a special Tapas Tasting dinner out on our terrace under the stars with live flamenco music (guitar & singer) and a fun, informal flamenco dance class in the olive groves before dinner.
Why not arrive a couple of days earlier for a couple of days’ rural bliss and lots of siesta before the fiesta! Laze in the hammock by our stunning pool (below); go for a morning bike ride or hike in the olive groves; or explore the many pretty white towns and villages nearby (eg Priego de Cordoba, Zuheros and Almedinilla). And, if you really don’t want to miss the football, we will be showing the England v Uruguay game discreetly in the lounge on 19 June, aswell as England v Costa Rica on the 24th!
Flamenco package price: 259 euros per person including:
- 3 night’s accommodation at Casa Olea with breakfast (June 20, 21 & 22).
- Flamenco Dance Class before dinner on 20 June.
- Tapas Tasting Dinner with live flamenco (guitar and singer) on 20 June
- Transport to/from Cordoba on 21 June (mid AM going & late PM return)
- Late breakfast and lie-in for anyone who needs it on 22 June AM!
Stay longer at CASA OLEA: extra nights from 107 euros + vat per night for a double room, including breakfast.
If you’re looking for more music and culture, then continue on to Granada for the city’s superb Festival of Music & Dance (20 Jun to 11 Jul) with opera, flamenco and dance in spectacular locations throughout the city, including the gardens of the Alhambra.
Or, if you prefer a few days of “sol y playa” after, then head to the coast and enjoy the gorgeous beaches around Vejer de la Frontera (Cadiz) or Cabo de Gata National Park (Almeria) and experience the beach bonfires and parties of the popular Fiesta de San Juan (night of 24 June).
Flamenco Package Terms & Conditions
* This is a one-off package for the 3 nights of June 20, 21 & 22 in 2014.
* Longer stays are possible (subject to availability) arriving before 20 June or leaving after 23 June. Extra nights cost 107 euros + vat for a double room with breakfast.
* Price based on double occupancy (double or twin room).
* Exact timings of 21 June transfers to be confirmed. Note - this is a “group” transfer by car or minibus, with one drop off (AM) and one return (late PM) for anyone who does not want to drive that day.